COVID-19 Department Operations
Board meetings will now be 'hybrid', with both in-person and virtual participation options. In-person meeting locations and virtual meeting links will be posted on meeting agendas and on the "Current Applications" tab.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Zoning Board of Appeals (ZBA) reviews applications for Special Permits, Variances, and certain Appeals.
The ZBA reviews Special Permit applications for the following:
- non-conforming uses and structures
- uses allowed by Special Permit in the R1, R2, SA, I, and BI-A districts (except where specifically delegated to the Planning Board)
- Wireless Communications Facilities (Cell Towers)
- Water Resource Protection Overlay Special Permits
- Private Kennels (except in BR-1)
All other Special Permits are issued by the Planning Board (click here for Planning for Planning Board applications & instructions)
The ZBA is comprised of 5 regular members and 3 alternate members appointed by the Select Board for 5 year terms.
|Brooke Hultgren||Department Assistant||508-892-7007|