COVID-19 Department Operations
Staff will be in the office full-time The public should continue to use email and phone to conduct business with the Town. Board meetings will be held using remote-participation options. All Zoning Board of Appeals applications should be submitted by email to [email protected] with required paper copies and fees mailed to: Leicester Town Hall, Attn: Town Clerk, 3 Washburn Square, Leicester, MA 01524 or dropped off in the tax collection box at Town Hall (applications with large plans won't fit in the box). Staff will not meet you at the door for plan dropoffs.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Zoning Board of Appeals (ZBA) reviews applications for Special Permits, Variances, and certain Appeals.
The ZBA reviews Special Permit applications for the following:
- non-conforming uses and structures
- uses allowed by Special Permit in the R1, R2, SA, I, and BI-A districts (except where specifically delegated to the Planning Board)
- Wireless Communications Facilities (Cell Towers)
- Water Resource Protection Overlay Special Permits
- Private Kennels (except in BR-1)
All other Special Permits are issued by the Planning Board (click here for Planning for Planning Board applications & instructions)
Members of tthe Zoning Board are appointed by the Select Board for 5 year terms.
|Tiffany Peters||Department Assistant||508-892-7007|