To change your voter enrollment (e.g. to change your political party) visit http://www.registertovotema.com/.
Often considered the core of local government, the Town Clerk’s Office serves as the central information point for local residents and citizens at large.
It is the mission of the Office of the Town Clerk to be a primary provider of information and quality services to the community and to work cooperatively and in coordination with the varied departments and groups while performing a myriad of tasks to achieve established goals and comply with State and Local Statutes.
- The Leicester Town Clerk serves the residents of Leicester through its function as official record keeper for the Town Meeting and Vital Records and the Administration of Elections and voter related activities.
- Records found in this office are: Birth, Marriage and Death Certificates; Zoning Decisions; Town Meeting Records; Annual Town Reports and Special Reports to Town Meeting; records of elections and lists of those who have served the Town of Leicester in elective or appointive office.
- This office issues a number of licenses: Marriage licenses, Dog licenses, Business Certificates (D/B/A), Raffles & Bazaar permits.
- The Town Clerk maintains records of amendments to the Town Bylaw, and Zoning Bylaw and references to accepted State Statutes.
- This office accepts the required postings for all public meetings and maintains the public meetings calendar.
- The Town Clerk conducts the Annual Census and maintains the voter lists. The department conducts all Federal, State and Local Elections.
- The office attempts to respond efficiently, accurately and speedily to all requests by Town Officials, Boards and members of the general public.
- The Town Clerk’s office welcomes inquiries from all citizens seeking assistance/information in relation to services provided by the Town of Leicester. The staff will assist in redirecting your questions to the appropriate department.
- The Town Clerk is elected for a three year term and receives a salary