Leicester Public Library
Curbside Holds Pickup
Starting the week of 6/1/20, patrons can arrange to pick up holds at Leicester Public Library
How to Order Books and other Items:
- Place holds on items in the library catalog at bark.cwmars.org. There is no regional delivery at this time, so make sure the items you select are ‘available’ and Leicester. You can use the limiter box under the search bar to narrow your search to Leicester items. Once your search finds items, there is an option to check under the search bar to ‘Limit to Available Items’.
- Call the Library during regular hours, and a staff member will place the holds for you. Please be prepared with a few titles, or details about what you like (authors or titles you like, mystery, thriller, romance, non-fiction, time period, etc.) We have two phone lines. If it is busy, please be patient.
- Email us a list of requests (either titles details mentioned above) at [email protected]
How to Pick up Items:
Library staff will call you to schedule a pickup time and date. You will have the option of a three hour window to pick up your items in the vestibule. Use the door closest to the book drops, under the covered entrance. All pickups must be arranged in advance.
Other Services Available in Phase 1:
Printing and faxing are available for documents that can be emailed to us at [email protected]. Printouts will be left in an envelope in the vestibule. Pickup times will be scheduled.
Reference services are available by telephone or email.
Other Important Details:
- Users must have a valid CWMARS library card, with fines less than $10 and no overdue items.
- All returns need to go through the book drop, where they will be quarantined for a week.
- No late fines will be charged until regular library services and schedules return.
- One person in the covered entryway at a time.
- Limit of 10 items per person.
- If an item you want is available at another library, please call them for pickup details.
30,000+ Available items: Books (hardcover, paperback, large print, graphic novels, easy readers, picture books, chapter books, biographies, cookbooks), audiobooks, dvds, magazines, board games, launchpad tablets, Library of Things items, Great Courses, music cds.
Ebooks, downloadable audiobooks and magazines are always available at cwmars.overdrive.com. Ask library staff how to get started. You can read books on a tablet, computer or smartphone for free with your library card.
508-892-7020 [email protected]