The Zoning Board of Appeals is part of the Office of Development & Inspectional Services
Duties and Responsibilities
The Zoning Board of Appeals (ZBA) reviews applications for Special Permits, Variances, and certain Appeals.
The ZBA reviews Special Permit applications for the following:
- non-conforming uses and structures
- uses allowed by Special Permit in the R1, R2, SA, I, and BI-A districts (except where specifically delegated to the Planning Board)
- Two-Family & Multi-Family proposals in the RIB district
- Wireless Communications Facilities (Cell Towers)
- Water Resource Protection Overlay Special Permits
- Private Kennels (except in BR-1)
- Establishments Serving Alcoholic Beverages & Light Manufacturing in the BR-1 District
All other Special Permits are issued by the Planning Board (click here for Planning for Planning Board applications & instructions)
Members of tthe Zoning Board are appointed by the Board of Selectmen for 5 year terms.
|Barbara Knox||(508) 892-7007|