To provide the residents of our community with a professional and highly trained police force that is
founded on community commitment and strong ethical values designed to enhance the quality of life in
Leicester. The department will achieve it mission using its core value PRIDE:
- Partnering with the residents and businesses in the community to enhance interaction and communication so that they become true stakeholders in the community.
- Re-enforcing public trust and confidence in the police through accountability and transparency.
- Identifying the quality of life issues that impact our residents through community engagement and work with them to develop a resolution.
- Demonstrating a proactive approach to alleviating crime and disorder in the community with an emphasis on utilizing “Problem Solving Policing” strategies and techniques that result in long-term resolutions to issues.
- Establishing a community wide commitment that supports and sustains a collaborative effort between the police and public that maintains the standards that make Leicester a good and decent place to live, work, and raise a family.
The Leicester Police Department seeks to be a recognized leader in the law enforcement community against whom other police departments benchmark their performance. To achieve this vision, the LPD will utilize LEADERSHIP:
- Leading by example.
- Exemplary performance by the members of the department in all that they do.
- Adjusting the police department’s mission so that it remains in step with the needs of the community it serves and protects.
- Deterring, interdicting, or interrupting crime through proactive police work.
- Educating the residents and businesses as to the emerging law enforcement issues which impact the community.
- Responding to the needs of the community in a timely and effective manner.
- Showing the public, through transparency, that police are the public and the public are the police.
- Helping other departments within the town by supporting their mission and vision.
- Identifying the department and its members as leaders in the community whom others look to for guidance and assistance.
- Partnering with as many residents and community organizations as possible so that the police department becomes one agency in a multi-agency response to crime and disorder in the Town of Leicester.
The department must work with the community to establish a long term financial strategy that provides the department with the fiscal support needed to achieve its vision. This stability will provide the department with the resources it needs to get the job done!