October 24, 2022
The Town of Leicester is seeking a contractor to replace two large overhead doors at the Town’s Highway Department at 59 Peter Salem Road.
Contractor is to furnish and install two (2) replacement garage doors as follows:
Doors features must meet or exceed the following:
.016” thick roll-formed hot-dipped galvanized, ribbed face steel sections, with metal/foam/metal sandwich, foamed-in-place homogeneous CFC/HCFC free polyurethane insulation. Insulating values: R=17.50, U=.057 Section thickness 2”, all sections to be fitted with tube seals to weatherstrip each joint. Air infiltration of .08 cfm per square foot of door at 15 mph, and class 26 sound transmission. End stiles to be 16 ga. Steel and incorporate a thermal break, hinges and fixtures will be galvanized steel. EPDM thermal break to be provided between interior and exterior skins to prevent thermal transmission. Water channel to provide for a drip free opening. Foam to be fully encapsulated. Warranty against panel delamination of foam and steel skins for at least 10 years to be provided.
Proposal must include the following:
- Two (2) doors as specified; door sections to be finished with white exterior and interior baked on polyester
- Operation to be by model RSX operator, ½ HP 1X trolley 1X side mount; two (2) operators to be provided
- One (1) four section high, 34” x 84” pass door to be provided
- Existing door(s) to be taken down and removed
- Vision panels to be 24” x 7” ovals
- Six (6) remotes to be provided
- Power and control wiring to be done by others
All work to be performed by licensed and insured contractors and sub-contractors with full liability insurance coverage (Town to be named as additional insured).
Estimated project cost under $30,000. Project subject to prevailing wage. Contractors interested in viewing the existing doors and quoting the project should contact the Town of Leicester at email@example.com or call 508-892-7077. To set up an appointment to few the existing doors, call the Highway Department at (508) 892-7021. Quotes are due on by 1:00 PM on November 21, 2022.